Get ready for the new Leadership Institute experience!
IABC is excited to launch a new year-round Leadership Institute (LI) experience. As we’ve learned throughout the last several months, it is important to be able to adapt and learn on an ongoing basis, and the new LI experience will create opportunity for leaders to connect and learn throughout on an ongoing basis. This new model will provide ongoing leadership development and networking opportunities throughout the year, including a multi-day virtual event in February.
More details about each event and the virtual components will be shared in the coming months and additional events may be added. Please stay tuned for specific dates and times.
Thank you to all who joined us for the 2021 Leadership Institute. Session recordings will be made available to attendees in the coming week.
Don't miss the March LI event!
24 March 2021, 2-3:15 p.m. CT
Speaker: Gabrielle Loring
Today, more than ever, people need to feel connected. One of the best ways to engage members – and sometimes even to recruit members – is through their volunteer involvement. A wise IABCer once said, “Clearly, you get as much out of IABC as you put in.”
In this interactive session, learn how to apply networking techniques to volunteer recruitment. And how to get potential volunteers to say yes.
Upcoming monthly events
TBD April 2021: Virtual Leader Meetup; Focus on Succession Planning
TBD June 2021: Virtual onboarding event + Chapter Management Awards (CMA) ceremony.
* There will be a fee to attend the February virtual Leadership Institute. All other events are complimentary for all IABC chapter and region leaders.
The 2021 Leadership Institute took place virtually from 15-18 February. Learn more about the sessions below.
Join opening Keynote Speaker, Catherine Ducharme, ACC, CLC, for her exciting session, Learning the New Language of Leadership. This session is taking place on Monday, 15 February at 12 p.m. CST and 8 p.m. CST. Learn more about Catherine's session here.
Our closing Keynote Speaker, Smita Tharoor, will be sharing her strategies on how you can Be Dynamic in a Pandemic. This interactive session will be taking place on Thursday, 18 February at 2 p.m. CT. Learn more about Smita's session here.
General sessions & networking events
Tuesday, 16 February
Wednesday, 17 February
- IABC Strategic Planning; 5-6:30 p.m. CST
Thursday, 18 February
- Virtual roundtables & networking; 12-1 p.m. CST
The following breakout sessions will be taking place during the virtual Leadership Institute. Some sessions will be recorded so that attendees can experience as many sessions as possible.
Tuesday, 16 February from 2-3:15 p.m. CST
- Engaging your chapter in IABC awards: Learnings from the purposeful pause and virtual relaunch of IABC London's Virtuoso Awards Speakers: Robert DeLaet & Kattie Forbes (IABC London)
- Marketing to your members Speaker: Jeff Price, IABC Marketing Manager
- IABC Kansas City Career Roadshows - A Path to Student Success Speakers: Joyce Allard & Kathryn Lorenzen (IABC Kansas City)
- Leading with authenticity in a virtual world Speakers: Wendy Thatcher, SCMP (IABC Canada West Region) , Ann Krzmarzick, ABC (IABC Minnesota) Facilitator: Chris Dutton, SCMP (IABC APAC Region)
Wednesday, 17 February from 10-11:30 a.m. CST
- Partnerships: Combining strengths to build member value and drive revenue Speakers: Cindy Schmieg, SCMP, IABC Fellow & Ann Krzmarzick, ABC (IABC Minnesota)
- Building a fire that never goes out- sustaining the volunteer and leadership pipeline Speaker: Andrew Kaszowski, CMP (IABC London)
- Perspectives on inclusive leadership Speakers: Neil Griffiths, ABC, Chart.PR, IABC Fellow (IABC UK&I), Farida Habeeb, Ph.D. (IABC Los Angeles), Lachandra Baker, MBA, ABC, CTA (IABC Heritage Region) Facilitator: Gary Spondike (IABC Detroit)
Wednesday, 17 February from 7-8:30 p.m. CST
- Consistency is key- moving the NPS dial from minus to plus in a year Speaker: Kieran McCann (IABC NSW)
- The A to Z of marketing GCCC certification Speakers: Sia Papageorgiou, SCMP (IABC Victoria), Mark Evans, SCMP (IABC Brazos Valley), & Benoit Laplante, SCMP (IABC Ottawa)
- Revenue and reputation hacks Speakers: Merrin Fabre (IABC Victoria), Elisha Sutherland (IABC Queensland), Rebecca Shaffer (IABC Chicago), Connie Feick (IABC Greater Cincinnati), Kerry Burke (IABC Nashville), Deanna Werner (IABC Houston) Facilitated by: Danielle Bond, SCMP, IABC Vice Chair
Finance Q&A Recording (8 a.m. CT, 19 October)
Finance Q&A Recording (8 p.m. CT, 19 October)